Monday, March 28, 2016

If You Wait For It, He Will Come!

Back in the day when the very first Playstation (aging myself) came out one of my very favorite games to play was Need for Speed. Within the game there was a level called Hot Pursuit and it was my favorite! So basically you got to pick a car, customize it (my car of choice was the Lamborgani Diablo), and pick a course. The object of the game was to evade the police while they chased after you. I don’t know what it was but it gave me a rush! Probably because I was living out a secret fantasy that I would never ever attempt. Except for that one time… I’ll have to tell that story some other time! Back to the point. Very few times was I successful and usually ended up crashing and burning. The pursuit was too great.  In correlation to being single, what if I can give you the formula for evading the police of heartbreak? Is the information worth it for you?

What if the process of picking our spouse was easy where it came to us? It was in pursuit of us if you will. It can be if we allow it. I heard this statement from a prominent evangelist. “It is a perversion of the promise of God for us to pursue things because God meant for them to pursue us.” Wow mind blown! This is the same with the relationship God has for you. Ladies he is meant to pursue you.

Psalms 23:7 says “Goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life.” In the amplified version the word follow is also translated as pursue. When it is something that is from God, we don’t have to go out looking for it but it will simply come to us. The only problem with this is that often when we submit to God’s timing, it takes a lot longer than we expect. Have you ever heard the phrases “God knows no time” or “God lives outside of time”? I mean God I know you don’t understand time but did you see that yet another of my friends is engaged? I going to need you to know time a little…

When we get anxious, it can be a snowball effect on our life not only in dating but many other things in our life. One thing I think we ought to be careful of is compromise. Because we are a microwave generation, people end up in relationships and even marriages that are not God’s best for them. We take things in our own hands. We don’t allow God’s crock pot to slow cook our desires. We don’t allow the good things of Christ come to us therefore a lot of times eating things prematurely.

We are praised for being proactive and taking charge for ourselves. This can be a self-righteous act and nullify letting God be in control. In a sense we are saying we don't need God. Allow God’s good thing to come and pursue you. Remember that God withholds no good thing, so if he isn’t pursuing you, it isn’t that good thing.

CAUTION: Be careful of wolves in sheep’s clothing. Even though I talked about allowing God’s good thing to pursue you, remember the devil wants to steal, kill and destroy you. What better way to get to you  through the perception of being pursued by seemingly the man of your dreams. This is why we always need to be alert and ask God for wisdom and discernment to avoid the trap.

It is sad to me to see that so many marriages outside and inside the church fail. This was never God’s plan. When we accept God’s timing, we realize that good things take time so just wait. One of my favorite verses in this season is Ecclesiastes 3:1 God makes everything beautiful in time. He wants 
to make your relationship beautiful but it takes time. Allow Him to work in that time. 


One final thought, when you are truly trusting God in the wait, don’t help Him along by positioning ourselves in hopes of pursuit. You know what I mean. Thinking if you place yourself in position A at precisely time B that guy C will notice you and begin to pursue. News flash God created the Heavens and earth without you so I am pretty sure that He doesn’t need your help to get you to your desired haven. (Psalms 107:30)

Even though it might not be the most comfortable thing. the now "pain" will be worth it. Trust God!

Bekah Out!
#thatsinglethough

No comments:

Post a Comment