Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Few Good Men

Imagine you are single Hebrew lady in the days of old. You know the one sitting by the local well drawing water. All of a sudden you’ve see the tribe gossip Naomi walking your way. I imagine the conversation going like this.

Naomi: “Bathsheba girl how you doing? You: Oh good girl just drawing water from this well. (In actuality you are sitting there to show all the single tribe men you are available.) Naomi: Did you hear the news about Tamar, Hagar, and Ruth? (Notice the Biblical name trend) Girl they are all getting married! But that ain’t none of my business though. Welcome to the Real House Wives of Judah County You: Girl that is so great! Mazel Tov!

However in her heart this is what you are really thinking. “Yea it is easy saying you’re happy for them Naomi, you are married and with child. Do you even know who your baby daddy is? Really they should all me thanking me because I set them up with their BAEs!

You: Well girl I got to get back to my father’s house and get the unleavened bread cooking. You know Passover time and all. Naomi: Okay girl save the date because they are getting married in a fortnight. Oh! You should bring the cutie Isaiah from the tribe of Judah. I heard he’s set to inherit 200 sheep and 50 goats. And I heard he is looking for someone to tend HIS sheep if you get what I am saying. You: Okay girl thanks for the look out. Shalom!

This is what I believe this passage her diary read that night.

Dear Diary,
Lord! Help! Godly men are fast disappearing. Where in all the world can dependable men be found? Everyone deceives and flatters and lies. There is no sincerity left

Did you know that this is actually a verse in the Bible? Psalms 12:1 to be exact. Okay I know that this is really not the way the verse is meant to be read but the supernatural personalization of God’s word and my imagination interrupted it to me like this.

Even though this seems like the cry of your heart, I promise this isn’t the case. Though options seem few and far between, there is hope! It is not a worldly hope but a godly one. The Bible talks about how hope deferred makes the heart sick. That is when we are putting our hope in what we see. Things seem grim but we have a hope in God.

When we have a godly hope, it doesn’t disappoint. It never fails you, and it never forgets about you. Let me give you a bit of encouragement. “His ear are attentive to the cries of the righteous.” Psalms 34:15 He knows!

Don’t think that your pain goes unnoticed. This is the part that we begin to walk by faith and not by sight. Yes this very well may be the reality and fact but guess what facts are subject to change.

I love that God doesn’t work on our playing field. In fact, in Isaiah 55:8 it talks about how God’s ways and thoughts are higher and greater than ours. Can I get a Hallelujah! If you are like me, your thoughts are limited. God can bring supernatural provision into a natural situation so don’t lose hope.

This is the place where we take our stance.  When everything seems lost and hopeless are you going to let reality dictate what you hope in or are you going to allow God to be the place you put your hope?  What we see always looks late but I am sure you have heard this statement “God is never late but always on time.”

Allow God’s timing to permeate in your situation. There is no shortage of men. There is no need for desperate times calling for desperate measures Wait upon the Lord and renew your strength.

#thatsinglelifethough

Bekah Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment