Monday, January 18, 2016

In the begin was the blog...

Awakened in the wee hours of the night with the urgency to utilize your personal home facilities, regretting that last cup of water before bed, you begin to trudge through the dark ominous room. Lights remain unused because you know if you turn them on you're bound to fully awake. Everyone knows this sister can’t afford to lose any beauty sleep! Clumsily you make your way through the dark room. After doing your business, you head back to bed. Just when you think you’re in the clear and in skewed sight of your bed, WHAM. You catch your pink toe on your dresser! The very first thing that comes out of your not always saved self is every exploited in the book. You shout them out as if the words are going to numb the pain. Despite all your efforts, you end up having to turn on the light anyway just to check that you didn’t rip off your toe. Now just plain upset, in pain, and fully awake losing that coveted beauty sleep you tried so desperately hold on to, you lay in bed.“All this because you just had to have that last sip of water for your parched throat”.

Isn’t it funny that anytime we experience pain, the first thing we want to do is say something naughty? Well our unsanctified self does. But that isn’t you anymore right? You have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. Can I get a Hallelujah and an Amen! So often however as single women we associate our single season as though it is a cuss word. Well I am here to tell you that is W-R-O-N-G wrong!

So guess what this blog is about…#thatsinglelifethough. I know what you are thinking, “A singles blog are you serious? Everyone these days has a blog. What makes your’s different”? Well I am glad that you asked! I am not going to post depressing song lyrics or poems. I am not going to get emotional, I promise. I won't get on a soapbox. In fact, this is meant to encourage you. I want to give you a whole new perspective. Instead of giving all the obvious cons as to why single hood is, well not necessarily the ideal state as a single women, I am here to encourage you and strengthen you and light a new fire under you!

DISCLAIMER: I am a God fearing, fully devoted, Holy Ghost filled (for all you old school readers) Christian so if that bothers you I would advise you not to read it. Everything that I will write will be word based and in my belief through guidance by the Holy Spirit, the way we are supposed to conduct ourselves in this season. If you don’t agree or you choose not to read it, my feeling won’t be hurt. It is what it is. With that being said if you would like to further be encouraged, read on if not thank you for your time.


So why do you ask I named it what I named it? Well if you allow yourself to get to the place, single hood can be a joy! No I didn’t mistype. There is so much you can do in your single state that you can’t do in a relationship or marriage. There are hobbies that we can take up, places to go, people to impact, and ways that we can develop for marriage. You have the whole world in front of you! Society however doesn’t want you to see it that way. It wants you to thinking that until you get married and pop out that first kid, life hasn’t begun. WRONG! That is just a different season of life. Not one is better that other each just has different purpose. I want to encourage and strengthen you in this season to help you through your lonely weekends. There are so many benefits to being single so let’s tap into them together shall we. Trust me everything that I write is through personal experience This is my cross to bear so you're welcome!  So hop on board and take this journey with me! 

#thatsinglelifethough
Bekah out!


No comments:

Post a Comment